To: City of Lanark (Changes Have Been Made)
From: City Maintenance Department
RE: Spring Leaf pick-up
This information supersedes any previously published instructions prior to the dates listed on this form.
NEW – Please help us by placing your leaves on the edge of the parkway/yard, rather than out in the street.
The Maintenance Department will begin its Spring 2022 leaf pick up every Tuesday of the month starting Tuesday, April 4th, 2022 through Tuesday, April 26, 2022. If for some reason we have a late winter, we will adjust our schedule. Please call or visit the City’s Website or Maintenance Facebook page for any changes. Any leaves placed at the curb before or after the dates listed above, will be the responsibility of the resident to discard. This includes any bullet point listed below that are not fixed prior to the dates listed above.
- Leaves must be placed in a continuous row at the parkway.
- Only leaves are accepted. Please do not place grass clippings, yard waste sticks, rocks, trash, or any other foreign objects. These items can damage the collection equipment. If such waste is placed on the parkway, city crew will refuse collection until the matter is taken care of.
- Do not park vehicles, trailers, semis, or any other piece of equipment/vehicle on or immediately next to the leaf pile.
- Leaves will not be picked up in alleys with the exception of Willow Alley, Huggins Ln. & Prairie Alley
- Please do not cover storm sewer grate with leaves.
The city has a spot located by the sewer plant where yard waste may be disposed of. Contact the Maintenance office for instructions at 815-493-6832